Friday, January 9, 2009

Teddy: The Next Generation

Anyone who knew me as a young tot (and then some) knows that I was virtually inseparable from Teddy, who still exists but is basically a shredded mass of threads with a friendly little smile. This Christmas my mom pulled a real surprise show-stopper by giving Rosemary a perfect re-creation of Teddy, down to the original stretchy pink fabric, which she still had, and the navy blue upholstery fabric for his face, which she had to hunt out. The moment Rosemary pulled him out of his box was, for me, maybe the most uncanny moment ever. Teddy - clean and whole and full of his stuffing? I don't even remember him ever being that way. But he may not have that brand new bear smell for long -- Rosie loves him.



2 comments:

Laura said...

Ok I have now watched this four times and I am going to watch it four more. Cutest. Video. Ever.

Anne W said...

Yeah, and nice bedhead, right?