Friday, January 14, 2011

Money Talks

Rosie's class at school decided to build an ice cream shop in their dramatic play area. That's probably the only thing that could be more fun than a subway, which was what they made last fall. They built it, decorated it, made a menu, and now it is open for business. Here's a conversation her teacher wrote down yesterday:

Rosemary: "Can I have some ice cream? What dollars is it?"
Ellis: "What dollars?"
Rosemary: "There's dollars here? (gets money box) See dollars?"
Felix: "Please can I have some dollars? 1 dollar for ice cream. There we go. I was gonna pay for ice cream."
Rosemary: "I was gonna pay for marshmallows."
Elijah: "Please help me." (Rosemary opened the money box. Elijah got out a dollar.)
Rosemary
: "Can I have some ice cream?"
Ellis: "Only if you give me money." (Rosemary hands Ellis a dollar, Ellis pretends to hand Rosemary ice cream, and she eats it.)
Rosemary: "Can I have some ice cream?"
Ellis: "Give me a dollar."
Elijah: "We looking for ice cream somewhere." (Elijah walks back and forth between the kitchen set and the door.)
Milo: "Little cookies!" (Milo put his hand on the picture of the little cookies on the menu.)
Ellis: "But you didn't give me any money."
Milo:"Oh, money." (Milo gets a dollar from the box and hands it to Ellis.)

No comments: