Monday, February 21, 2011

Two of the Three Rs

They've been doing a lot of name-tracing at Rosemary's school and all of the sudden she did this all on her own the other day while making a birthday card for my dad. Well, I guess not 100 percent on her own since I was reminding her of the letters but still my jaw dropped since it was so out of the blue.

There are some changes on the numbers front too. She has been counting up to 13 for ages and ages -- since long before she had any idea of what numbers really were, and was really just memorizing words. But she topped out at thirteen for a long time...maybe a year or so? Or more? I figure it is lack of emphasis around these parts - since after all we spend a lot of time on Art and Letters. Anyhow, recently she's skipped from 13 to 16 and stopped at 19 - until you remind her of 20 and 21 at which point she can usually get up to 29. And finally, finally she has brought 14 and 15 into the fold. Now I can teach her cribbage.

Oh boy!

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Can you teach me Cribbage, too? We had a really cool cribbage board when I was growing up, but I never knew what in the heck to do with it.

CMT said...

She just looks so OLD!