Monday, August 19, 2013

Sylvie Sings

My friend Laura used to work with someone who once told her,  "You know, I pretty much always have the theme from Sanford and Son stuck in my head." And Laura, telling this to me, said, "And once she said it, I realized she was right! She was always humming it under her breath all the time." My friend Allyson was taunted/haunted by the Oprah theme song for a whole year. For Sylvia, our little bird, who sings before she can talk, it seems like it's a little ditty from the song Home. It was the Olympic theme song last year, and it got a ton of play on the radio too. It was just in the air everywhere for awhile. Somewhere along the line it must have gotten lodged in that little head of hers. I often hear her singing it to herself, like this:


So the other day I played the video for her, just to see what would happen. She didn't really pay attention, but sort of hummed along as she looked at a book. The part where you can tell best that she's singing along is right at the end of the video, though it's hard to hear the song in the background.  




5 comments:

allyson said...

I had completely blocked out that Oprah memory. xo

allyson said...

Of course, I had to go listen to it. Curses. I'm afraid it might be stuck in my head again.

Anne W said...

I was worried that would happen. But then I did it anyhow.

Laura said...

And now I am humming Sanford and Sons, and also, I heartily approve of children who sing before they talk. :)

The Laundry Queen said...

Cute!