Thursday, January 2, 2014

Misc.

Fair is fair: 
Rosemary, tonight while brushing her teeth: When I get older I want to marry a woman.
Me: Ok. Why?
Rosemary: Because I don't want to be the only one going to the hospital to have a baby taken out of me.
Me: Daddy went with me when you and the babies were born.
Rosemary: Yes, but he didn't have a baby.

Then we talked for a little bit about how even if she and her wife do both have babies, it probably wouldn't be at the same time, to which she said, "I know. She can do it later."

If wishes were changes:
Awhile ago I busted Rosemary just about to pick her nose. She defended herself saying it wasn't a pick. "I was just lining my nostril." I was remembering this tonight with her, and she said, "I was!" then she got a distant look in her eyes and said, "I wish my nostrils were shaped like hearts."

Maggie really, really wants to help:
Jason told me this story from today. He went to change Sylvia's diaper tonight. We do this on a mat in the floor in the bathroom. Maggie was still finishing her dinner. Midway through Sylvia's diaper change, he felt a presence over his left shoulder and turned to find Maggie standing right there. Scary-movie RIGHT there. He was surprised. So he said hi to her and then turned back to Sylvia. Then a diaper appeared over his shoulder. (BTW This kind of help is not so fun when I literally have to wrestle her for the dustpan when sweeping. Usually she wins.)

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

Heart-shaped nostrils would be awesome!