Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh the Horror

Tonight I asked Rosie what she wanted for dinner. She turned down my offer of guacamole, usually her favorite, and instead requested "Mommy." [Pause, pointed look.] "Eat you up." I blame Where the Wild Things Are.

Also, I noticed our cable bill said it was past due so I went online to make sure the autopay thing was set up right. Lucky I did, since by sheer coincidence I noticed a battery of charges made last Saturday, total $119. They included something called "Premium with Pod Service" as well as HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC. I called and the Time Warner lady put me on hold to check it out and then came back on and said, "Ma'am, those channels were added from inside the house." Inside the house??? Cue scary music. Looks like our kid has nimble fingers and a penchant for a sweet entertainment package. (Happy ending: Refund granted. No sequels, we hope.)

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

That's awesome! You'd better watch that girl. One of my kids managed to get online and order me a magazine. They're sneaky, you know.

Shelley Millis said...

He he he...little kids and buttons to push. Avery was playing with one of my old cell phones. It still has juice and can be used, so I reminded her not to push the red button (yes, I know a bit trusting of a 3 year old). For the next 20 minutes we played the "can I push this button, mom?". No charges, though :)