Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where We're At

A few quick moments from the past few days:

Rosemary was sitting in her room last night, holding her copy of Peter Rabbit. I asked if she wanted me to read it to her and she declined, saying, "I know...Once upon a time, bunnies." And then shut it.

We are having a lot of tea parties (the apolitical, old fashioned kind). I don't know how this happened, since we are coffee drinkers and really not overly polite or fancy about it anyhow. She has also taken to carrying around a polka dot cosmetics bag that holds an array of tiny stuffed animals, tea cups, and wallets. Although she will carry around around any container that has a handle and can act as a handbag. Meantime our best guy friends are playing guitars (and imaginary banjoes), fighting fires, and organizing farm animals. Take what you will from this. We haven't yet hit the fairy princess stage but I can't imagine it is far away.

Today, as we were walking down the street in the midst of a VERY wet, VERY windy storm: "Excuse me, Mommy, but it is too rainy!"

Less polite, the other night: "We need menus!" She said this - loudly - in a restaurant where we had spent an inordinately long time waiting for the waitress to acknowledge us. It was hard to admonish her when she was completely right.

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

I REALLY hope I get to meet her someday, Anne. She's great.