Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mobo arrives

The past couple of days Rosemary has been talking quite a bit about someone named Mobo. This Mobo is a mostly girl, but sometimes a boy. Other details about her are hazy but she has been spending a lot of time with us. This morning she mentioned Mobo and we asked where she was, and Rosie said (starting off in a jolly, loud voice), "MOBO WAITING, MOBO WAITING, MOBO WAITING, MOBO...[suddenly very quiet]...waits." Yipes. Today we had our toddler posse over for a fun afternoon, and when the door shut as everyone left, Rosemary turned to me and said, "Just Rosie and Mommy...and Mobo." Later on she said Mobo had left and was on her way over to our friend Leo's house.

In a similar vein, during yesterday's lunch Rosie said she wanted some sodo, and when I asked her what sodo was she got very cagey: "Um...sodo is a kind of...like...oh no, I don't need sodo...I don't like sodo."

I bet Mobo loves her some sodo.