Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend of Antics



We are winding down from a wonderful weekend visit from my parents. It was sort of culinary whirlwind culminating in last night's dinner with Jason's parents at Gramercy Tavern (aka "fancy restaurant") where Rosemary behaved incredibly well. Everyone who works there was unbelievably lovely and normal about having a toddler around, and while our super friendly waiter seemed somewhat taken aback when Rosemary told him (some time after he'd brought dessert around), "I'm going to use the potty. I'm not done with my dessert. I'm just taking a break," he rallied pretty quickly.


Jason and Rosemary, matched in pink, on their way to said fancy restaurant:


Wait, did I say it culminated in Gramercy Tavern? There was also the Atlantic Antic today. Best street fair on the planet. It runs along Atlantic Ave, near our house, from Hicks ten blocks down to 4th Avenue. In that span we ate: spinach feta pie, salt cod fritter, salty French fries, Vietnamese tofu sandwich, a second salt cod fritter from a totally different place, Six Points beer, actual sarsparilla, Mexican horchata. And that's not even counting what my parents ate. Lesson of the day: if it is fried, our daughter will eat it. (If it is a Vietnamese tofu sandwich, she will not.)





No comments: