Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chelsea Morning

We three went to Chelsea to see some gallery shows today. Art, at least a lot of it, hasn't been Rosemary's thing lately. I have been dragging her occasionally anyhow, but I think we'll cool it for now. Paintings and sculptures and photographs are pretty boring, and videos are interesting but tend to freak her out if they're loud or in an immersive environment an any sort. Usually we go in somewhere and after about 15 seconds she just looks at me and says, "Let's get out of here."

Today we went into see Pipilotti Rist's show at Luhring Augustine gallery, which has big videos of sheep in it (therefore of potential interest), but when we got there she graciously declined to go in. Even when I told her that there was a big hanging sculpture made of underpants in the back room:

She told me it was "too gallery-y." Instead we went to a park (new to us) called the Chelsea Waterside Park for a good runaround.




No comments: