Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good and Tight

Oh yeah, now I remember the other Rosemary-ism I wanted to write down. When someone sneezes she yells "Good and Tight!" That's her translation of gesundheit, and frankly I prefer it to the original. Now we all say it.

Also, Rosemary has pretty good diction, enunciation, all that. But there are a few words that she still says (I hope for a long time still) in funny ways. I don't think she hears the difference. Blanklet. Instresting. Brestest - that's breakfast to the rest of us. This last was the topic of a funny conversation between Rosie and her fun friend Marley, discussing sleepovers.

Rosemary: And then we can wake up and have brestest!
Marley: Breakfast?
Rosemary: Yes, brestest.
Marley: Do you mean breakfast?
Rosemary, looking thoroughly exasperated: Yes, that's what I said. Brestest. 
Marley, mystified/exasperated, turns to me: Well then why didn't she say breakfast?
Rosemary, moving on to more important topics: Coo coo! Doo duh dooo!

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

I love the 'good and tight'! I'm going to think that every time someone sneezes now. Brestest.... har.