Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fair Days

As you may recall, we have three daughters. There's Maggie, very serious merry-go-round fan:



Rosemary, who self-identifies as "more of games person" although she does like a carousel. (And no other rides.)

 And Sylvia, the Mayor of the Midway. I wish I'd gotten a better picture of her greeting everyone. 


She does also like the games. Or at least the prizes. Rosemary first won a lion for her, which was ok for a few minutes but then she changed her mind and somehow communicated to me that she wanted a giraffe just like the one Rosemary had won for herself. So we had to go all the way back and get her one. I already can't remember how she told me that without using words, but she did, and she was very specific about it.




Back at home in the Berkshires, there was piano playing, pear harvest, sand box time, a slip and slide, a crazy prehistoric looking cricket thing, the book festival, and a snail catch-and-release. While I can't assure you that no snails were harmed, I can verify that the green wiffle-ball bat was not used in any manner.







1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

I just love how much you've been posting. It's great to get to know your kids in this way. Now I've got to stop slacking on my own blog...