Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What's Fair

The other night, after Halloween candy collection was complete, we were discussing consumption of said candy with Rosemary. Jason and I agreed she could eat two pieces that night, and one every day thereafter until it was gone. I considered this a pretty good deal since my inclination was really to give her two pieces on Halloween night and then spirit the rest away forever. Into my belly. But Rosemary looked at us and said, "But--but--that's not fair." I feel like some of these things that kids say are like mushrooms or fruit flies, they just sprout up out of nowhere when the conditions are right.

She continues to work it in, like this morning when I told her after breakfast I'd put on a Sesame Street while she went to wash her hands. She was really amped for some reason, can't recall why. "All right!!" she screamed, sounding a lot like Bobcat Goldthwait. "That sounds FAIR!"

1 comment:

Laura said...

She has entered the "fair/no fair" stage! Very precocious of her! Sonja loves this stage. She has a natural empathy for the 3-5 year old.