Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekend in Maryland

We spent a wonderful Fathers Day Weekend in Bethesda with my folks. Even saddled with a full-blown yucko cold, Rosemary was still beside herself excited to get down to see Granddad and Grandma Ancy (still no "N" on Nancy -- not sure why, since she can certainly say it). We drove down after dinner on Thursday. Rosie fell asleep on the NJ turnpike and slept until we turned off onto the side street in their neighborhood, when we heard a small voice pipe up from the backseat, "Which is their house?" When we got inside, she was still wide-eyed and full of observations, including my favorite line of the night: "We could eat those peanuts" (This about a bowl of cashews sitting all the way across the room in the dark on the kitchen counter -- how did she even see them?)

On Saturday we went to a wonderful farm market out...somewhere...in Maryland, I think. I really wasn't paying attention, but it was a great destination -- good fruit and veggies, and friendly (aka hungry) goats to feed:




Here's R making hickory nut stew with Grandma. You know, every time we go down there I remind myself to take lots of pictures, because I never do. And again, it happened again! No pics of our visit from Paco for pizza night on Friday or our trip down to Glen Echo creek on Sunday. I think my mom got some, so maybe I can add those later.


1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

So great to see your mom! I think I'm going to be saying the line "We could eat those peanuts." a lot from here on out. Awesome.